Wednesday, November 5, 2008

11 Week Check In



Can you believe that it's already the week of Thanksgiving!!! My gosh this year has flown by!!

Brandon is now 3 months old, and it makes me so sad to think about how quickly the time is passing. Before I know it, he too will be 4 yrs old and off to Pre-School! :(
So much seems to have happened since the last blog that I don't even know where to start! Brandon had his 2 month check up a few weeks ago and the fat piggy weighed 12 lbs 3 oz and was 23 1/4 inches long! He did get to go watch his Daddy drive a racecar, but he obviously wasn't very interested in that! He also got to take part in his very first Halloween and was the absolute most adorable bear I have ever seen! He didn't care much for the candy because it upsets his tummy a little, but he did like seeing all the kids in their costumes and getting to stay up WAY past bed time.
Each day he is becoming a little more social and happy and will now "talk" to almost anyone who talks to him. He even will occasionally yell at the baby in the mirror...I guess he doesn't like the competition of having another cutie pie around! Sadly for him though, he's going to have a lot of competition now that his cousin Katelyn is here! He got to meet her just a few days after she was born, and has had lots of photos taken with her and their cousin Jackson already. Katelyn and Brandon have both behaved themselves when they've been together, except for when they decided to "sing" together. But Katelyn is already becoming a tattle tail, and unfortunately both boys look as guilty as sin, so I guess there will be lots of spankings and timeouts when the 3 of them are together!
Brandon hasn't started trying to roll over yet, but does try to pull himself up any time he's laying in my lap or sitting in his car seat, and he thinks it's just the greatest thing when you hold his hands and help him stand up. I guess he just wants to be included in whatever is going on around him! He's also started sucking on his finger and thumb, and I'll occasionally hear him gag while we're driving down the road! He's only made himself sick one time by doing that, but hopefully he learned his lesson!
Brandon really does enjoy hanging out with Russell, and I think Russell is starting to enjoy having his baby brother around too. Russell doesn't know it, but I'll sneak in and watch and listen to the two of them playing together and it is so sweet. I imagine that sweetness won't last long, so I'm enjoying it while it does! But anytime Brandon is crying, Russell will sing Little Bunny FooFoo to him to try to get him to stop crying. Some days it works, which makes Russell super happy, and some days it doesn't and Russell reverts back to being "sick of that crying baby". One day I think he might wish that crying baby was still around instead of the little brother who gets into all of his toys!

I did have pictures of the boys made a couple of weeks ago, and they turned out so good! I only got the picture of the two of them together, but I think I may go back and get one of just Brandon by himself.

This post is not finished, but I was told that people are getting impatient, so I'm posting it as is and will edit as necessary, or just create a new blog altogether. But here you go!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lichtenberg's said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited to see the new post! I can't believe he is already 3 months old! He is such a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys and the boys again soon!

November 25, 2008 at 9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home