Thursday, June 26, 2008

We are now at the final countdown!! I went to the doctor yesterday for my 31 week check up and she said everything looks good; only 8 1/2 weeks to go!! I've gained a total of 19 pounds and all tests have been normal and measurements are okay, so they are very happy with how this pregnancy is progressing.
We did confirm that the baby is in the head down position, which I could've told them considering the gazillions of times I'm kicked in the ribs everyday! We also listened to the heartbeat again and it's still very strong. He was hiding from us at first because when she tried to listen to it it wasn't there, but eventually he rolled back over so we could hear it. :)
The mid-wife seems to agree with me that I won't make it to my due date. She asked did we have everything in order that we needed and I told her yes, because I just don't think I'm going to make it until August 24th. She then asked was Russell early, and I told her yes, by 13 days. Her response was "I think it will be about the same with this one as well!" Some people also think he's already dropped, so we'll see if my thoughts are right!
I still have one doctor to meet, so I'll see him when I go back in 2 weeks. I almost wouldn't be surprised if he's the one on call when I go into labor; it would be my luck. Apparently he goes out for long runs while he's on call, so the midwife told me to be sure and call the doctors office when I go into labor so that if Dr. Barrett is the one on call they can locate him before I get there...Great!
We still don't have a name picked out yet. There are a few that we agree on, but that neither of us have our heart set on, so we're still calling him Baby Hill. Hopefully we can come up with something soon because I don't know what we'll do if we're at the hospital and don't have a name! Any ideas anyone???
I guess that's about it for now. We'll know more when I go back at the beginning of July! Take care and check back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home